Before you whip out your credit card and start ordering, please read through our shipping & order processing policies below to ensure your gelato arrives in perfect condition. Live in the DC Metro Area? Use the discount code LOCAL15 when checking out for 15% off.
We ship out orders on Mondays and Tuesdays. Order cut-off for shipping is Sunday at 11:00 PM EST.
Shipping Process & Order Policies:
- Niko's Gelato ships to the East Coast using UPS or FedEx. Due to shipping delays as a result of COVID-19, we currently use 1 day shipping or 2 day shipping. We strongly recommend that you consider 1 day shipping because 2 day shipping is not guaranteed in some areas. Shipping charges will not be refunded for late deliveries.
- UPS and FedEx operational delays are beyond our control. Niko's Gelato is not responsible for delays due to weather conditions, operational delays, shutdowns, or other causes beyond our control. We strongly recommend that you schedule your order a few days before you need it.
- On the West Coast and want to order? Please send us an email with your address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can send over a custom shipping quote.
- Please ensure that your address or your recipient’s address is correct. We are not responsible for delays in delivery times due to incorrect or incomplete addresses, late deliveries in the event the recipient is not available to receive the package or delayed due to unforeseen circumstances. You will be charged a fee for orders that are returned or require rerouting due to incorrect addresses.
- You will receive an email with a tracking number when either UPS or FedEx picks up your package. This email will also include an estimated delivery date.
- An adult signature is required upon delivery. Please ensure someone 21+ will be home to receive the package, especially if you’re sending the gelato as a gift. We are not responsible for delivery delays due to lack of adult signature. You will be charged a reshipment fee for orders returned because someone 21+ is not available to receive delivery.
- We carefully pack your gelato in an insulated container with more than enough dry ice to keep your gelato frozen. We have included instructions in your package on how to carefully unpack your container and dispose of the dry ice. Please don’t touch it with your bare hands and don’t put it down your kitchen sink! We recommend putting the container in a well-ventilated area (away from pets and children) and letting it evaporate naturally.
- Put your gelato in the freezer as soon as it arrives.